Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Slapping on some Bondo

I finished fiberglassing the inside of the helmet and trimmed off all of the rough edges with my dremel. I made a test batch of "Rondo" (1 part resin, 1 part bondo), also known as mud. I mixed the 1oz bondo and 1oz resin in a plastic cup, added in 24 drops of hardener, mixed and poured onto a piece of paper. Once it hardens, I can test it to see if I want to smooth out everything with it, or just normal bondo.  


Update: I started adding some bondo to build up some areas on the side of the helmet. The "mud" test worked great, but I think I'm going to stick to using normal bondo for most of the helmet. I also have to get myself a power detail sander because mine is a little to big to get into small areas. I'm going to get an early start tomorrow and try to get most of the helmet smoothed out. I also got in my visor the other day, I added a pic of it below.


No comments: